Self-serve Beverage & Revised Facemask Rules Announced
New Restroom Signage Recommendations
The Department of economic and Community Development (DECD) released guidance on self-serve beverages like coffee and soda fountains, along with revisions to the face covering rules for employees and customers, and new recommendations on signage for shared bathrooms.
Below is more information concerning all three of these issues.
Click here to view all the latest business sector changes right now.
DECD released new COVID-19 rules concerning self-serve beverages including coffee and fountain soda.
Self-serve beverage stations are allowed, but must adhere to the guidelines below. All other self-serve items must remain closed.
- Hand sanitizer must be made available next to beverage stations and operators must require customers to use before pouring beverages.
- Only cello or paper wrapped straws and stirrers are allowed.
- Cups and lids must be from single pull dispenser or other method to minimize contact.
- Sweeteners, sugars and creamers must be individual packets.
- Floor markers must be installed to achieve social distancing.
- Samplings and refills of personal mugs and cups are not allowed.
- Frequent disinfecting of the beverage station must take place, even during busy times.
For more information self-serve beverage stations go to – Link to Additional Resources
New Facemask Rules
For several months, all employees have been required to wear a facemask or other cloth face covering that completely covers the nose and mouth.
DECD has now issued additional guidance that says that employees that cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition must provide documentation to their employer.
Businesses also have the right to now refuse service to an individuals who is not wearing a mask.
To view DECD’s General Business Rules including the new facemask rules go to –
Shared Bathroom Recommendations
From the beginning of COVID-19, DECD has recommended that businesses clean and disinfect bathrooms frequently in accordance with DECD, and implement use of cleaning log for tracking.
Now they recommend posting signage encouraging reduced capacity in bathrooms, and reminding individuals to wash their hands, wear a mask, and consider placing a wastebasket outside of the bathroom.
These recommendations along with our General Business Rules can be found by going to –